Review and send the engagement letter
This topic applies to OnPoint Audit.
The draft version of your Engagement Letter is automatically generated based on your responses in the Engagement Setup, as well as your firm's Cloud profile.
Notes and guidance information are available in the letter at the section marked with a lightbulb icon (). This section is visible by default but it's excluded when you print the letter. You can hide this section by selecting More Actions () | Guidance | Off or MoreActions () | Guidance | Collapsed.
To edit the letter content, select Edit (). Once you're satisfied with the contents of the engagement letter, select Sign Off to perform the appropriate sign off. Once the content is reviewed, you can send a copy to your client.
Best Practice: We recommend that you replace all placeholders before sending the letter. You can replace placeholders by selecting the Placeholders prompt underneath the document title.
To obtain the client signature, you can send your draft directly to clients using query documents in OnPoint Audit. Query documents are intended for client collaboration, such as:
- Requesting information from clients (send inquiries)
- Requesting documents (ask the client to upload one or more files)
- Sending deliverables to the client to sign and return
Once client contacts sign in to Cloud, they can directly respond to queries.
To send the engagement letter to your clients:
- Open the 415Q Engagement Letter (Query to Client) document.
- In the top-right corner of the document, select SEND. The Open Query dialog opens.
- Select a Query Due Date.
- Select the contact that the letter is being sent to.
- Enter an appropriate email message.
- Select OK.
Contacts receive an email with your message and a link to the engagement, where they can download a PDF version of the letter, sign and upload the signed copy.
To learn more about the staff-contact collaboration workflow, see Staff-contact collaboration (Queries).