Perform the acceptance and continuance
To perform acceptance and continuance, complete the:
- A100 Optimizer checklist - Initial Engagement Decisions checklist document.
- A200 Preliminary engagement activities checklist document.
You can customize checklists in a number of different ways. For example, if you need to add a procedure to a document.
To add a procedure to a document:
Select Edit () and then select More information () beside the desired procedure.
Select Add Procedure. A new procedure appears.
To learn more, see Add a procedure.
Visibility settings provide built-in automation so that only the relevant documents or content are available in your engagement file. You can see the conditions under which a procedure will appear by selecting its Visibility icon ().
A100 Optimizer checklist - Initial Engagement Decisions
This document contains a set of questions designed to determine the scope and nature of your engagement.
The first question sets the level of collaboration (the query documents) that will be used in the engagement.
A higher level of online collaboration with your client generally improves efficiency in the engagement. However this may not work for all clients. Audit International allows you to select from three levels:
- High - queries are used to:
- Ask your client to answer detailed questions that flow into audit documentation, allowing you to quickly review and reuse.
- Ask your client to share documents with you. Each audit section has a separate query.
- Limited - queries are used to:
- Ask your client to share documents with you. All audit sections are bundled into one query.
- None - Queries are not used, you will have to request, receive and upload documents outside of Audit International.
A200 Preliminary engagement activities
Completing the A200 Preliminary engagement activities document confirms your firm's readiness and suitability to perform the engagement work.
The main sections of this document prompt you to choose your preferred type of documentation. Select your preferred method of documentation (Narrative or Procedures) for each section. When you have completed your work, use the Hide button in the conclusion area to hide all the preferred documentation decisions.
Throughout the planning and risk assessment documentation, N/A will be available as a selection. Select this if the section is not applicable to the current engagement. The documents and procedures pertaining to that area are then hidden in the engagement.
In the Description of engagement section, select Narrative if you want to enter your own description in a text field.
Select Procedure to document your response using individual questions. Select this option if you require more guidance.