Start the engagement
This topic applies to Caseware Audit
To start the audit engagement, create an Audit engagement file. You can also set key dates, budgets and assign staff members to the engagement file to prepare and review the engagement work.
To create an Audit engagement:
- From the Cloud menu (), select Audit.
- Select the New button.
The Audit dialog displays.
- Choose your client Entity, enter a name for the engagement file and specify the year of the engagement.
You can also:
- select a Start Date and End Date for your engagement, enter budget information and add a description.
- carry forward data from an existing engagement. See Carry forward an engagement for more information.
- In the Preparer field, enter your name and select it from the drop-down list.
You are now assigned as the preparer.
- In the Reviewer field, enter another staff member's name. Select them from the list to assign them as a reviewer.
- Select Save.
The engagement file automatically opens in your browser.
Set the workflow status and year end date
When you first open the engagement, a pop-up displays showing the engagement's Workflow status.
The Workflow status allows other stakeholders to know how far along you are in the engagement process. If you intend to start working on the engagement right away, set the Workflow status to In Progress.
You can also set the engagement's Year end date. Note that an incorrect year-end date leads to an unsuccessful trial balance import.
Once you select Save, you can view the Documents page.
The Documents page acts as Audit's central hub. When you first open this page, one document is available. To populate more content in the Documents page, complete the 010 Planning Optimiser checklist. Documents become available within four engagement phases:
- Risk identification and assessment
- Risk response
Each phase has its own progress indicator that shows the document sign-off progress. You can hover over the progress indicator to view how many documents are Outstanding, Prepared or Reviewed.
To view all the documents available in Audit, select More Actions () | Hidden Items.